View Single Post
      05-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #61
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I have super-duper flat feet, so I wear super soft running shoes that don't have high arches. Everyone thinks if you have flat feet you should be wearing shoes that support your arch, but that's incorrect, all you're going to do is hurt your arches that way. Running shoes with stiff arch support are for just that; running.
When a kid I started using orthotic insoles. I could barely stand up the next day. If you treasure your flat feet you need no arch support. If you find flat feet a flaw to be corrected (it is) you should mind conditioning your feet appropriately.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
I refuse to take my shoes off when I enter someone's house.
That means they must clean it up after you. Let them wipe your ass as well (unless you never wipe it either).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
a good host should let guests do whatever the hell makes them comfortable.
Like fuck his wife/daughter/him for their ultimate convenience.
With all that said, I'd rather put those plastic shoe bags on my shoes to keep my socks clean as well , but it's the host who rules his house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
First thing I do when I get home from work or working out is take my socks off, such a great feeling of relief lol.
Those socks might be like boots and provide social distancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
What I find totally weird is these people who expect everyone to remove their shoes when entering their home never, ever have anything to sit on near the door. Instead I'm untying my laces as I put a knee down on the floor. It's like they didn't foresee people adhering to their own ocd policy.
Such an interesting remark! A courtesy wheelchair should be perfect here! It is apparent those people find it absolutely comfortable handling their shoes standing. Following rules, maintaining one's home is an important contribution into maintaining one's personality. And physical condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
When I had my new bamboo flooring installed my buddy walks right in with his steel toe work boots and I literally almost had a heart attack lol. It almost sounded like he had a couple of small rocks wedged into the sole. Than walks into the living room right on top of the wife's shaggy white throw rug.
He's not your buddy anymore, I presume.

I use UGG slippers and moccasins currently. They are fine but they lack arch support completely.
Appreciate 0