Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
You sure sound like an Android user.

Kidding aside, I agree with the spying thing. Considering phone is basically an extension of you - we are essentially walking robots if you think about it. Everything you do is through a device and influences your thinking, purchases, emotions, etc. differently than being physically present. We are in the age of data collection. Its all about data.

We are already seeing it with an influx of ADHD / ADD in young adults who grew up in affluent households immersed in tech. When I was kid ADD or ADHD was diagnosed as being a dip shit. IMO access to so much data at the tap of a finger is dangerous to the human race from a psychological standpoint.
I'm an Android guy....but only because in the past I could get a bigger screen although that issue is no longer a problem.

Even with Android....first thing I do is "root" them and load up a bare-bones OS so I have only what I need.

Makes it that much faster.

Never had an I-Phone although everyone here does. Just a habit I guess as I always like being able to customize it.

IMO....they went about it smart. They laid out their code for people to play with and make it better, and got millions of developers on the payroll for free.

Some of those guys on XDA are genius!