05-21-2020, 07:29 AM   #3918
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
You sure sound like an Android user.

Kidding aside, I agree with the spying thing. Considering phone is basically an extension of you - we are essentially walking robots if you think about it. Everything you do is through a device and influences your thinking, purchases, emotions, etc. differently than being physically present. We are in the age of data collection. Its all about data.

We are already seeing it with an influx of ADHD / ADD in young adults who grew up in affluent households immersed in tech. When I was kid ADD or ADHD was diagnosed as being a dip shit. IMO access to so much data at the tap of a finger is dangerous to the human race from a psychological standpoint.
I agree 100%. When I was a kid, I wasn't told I had ADHD/ADD, I was called dumb ass and was beaten accordingly. Having so much information at our finger tips has resulted in the dumbing down of society. Seriously, I work in engineering as a Project Coordinator; I don't have an engineering degree but 90% of whatever information I need to perform my job I research online. Once my documentation is complete, I rarely remember whatever technical data or specs I dealt with. I'm not really this smart but Google makes me look like a genius. We have reached a pivotal point in society where having the information is only the beginning, it's the attention to detail that separates the men the from the boys these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I'm not an iphone fanboy by any means, but imessage is pretty invaluable for me since many of the buildings I frequent for work have wifi but zero cell service, and my company provides everyone with iphones. I do most of my actual work on a windows machine, but I have a Macbook I take to meetings. It helps that I can imessage those same people in my phone while I'm on the macbook in a meeting. No device is perfect, I just find Androids a bit more cumbersome to use.

All companies share data. The ones who claim they aren't, are lying.
This is accurate. When I get a new (android) phone, it does take me quite a bit of time getting it the way that I want it. My issue with iPhones is that I don't even have the option to tweak it. Everything on my phone gets blacked out - app backgrounds, wallpaper, etc. It's the rainbows, butterflies and unicorn colorful bubbly stuff on iPhones that can't be changed that drives me nuts. Simplistic and non-colorful is how I like my computers and phones set up. Aesthetics are pretty important to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
They are good for texting and getting pics from "girls"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Fixed.
Fixed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I like the Ratt geico commercial
Same, I chuckle every time I see it. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I'm an Android guy....but only because in the past I could get a bigger screen although that issue is no longer a problem.

Even with Android....first thing I do is "root" them and load up a bare-bones OS so I have only what I need.

Makes it that much faster.

Never had an I-Phone although everyone here does. Just a habit I guess as I always like being able to customize it.

IMO....they went about it smart. They laid out their code for people to play with and make it better, and got millions of developers on the payroll for free.

Some of those guys on XDA are genius!
Back when I was a windows mobile guy, I spent so much time on XDA developers site it was almost stupid. I was in the mobile biz then and had the time to root flash all day. I thought I bricked an HTC 8125 the day it was released just after paying the full retail price for it. Heart attack material right there. It took me flashing it 3 times to bring it back from the dead.

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-21-2020 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00