Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I have F150 fever
I'm beginning to consider a look at a new truck, and pretty much thought I'd just leave Ford off the list
My husband has F350 dually fever.

Why leave Ford off? Just curious.
Just something in the back of my head that Ford was bottom of the barrel
Not so much especially in the days of the 7.3L diesel that was a work horse. My husband still has one that people want to buy all the time. They went through a phase after that where people didn't love the engine change they made. They revamped & been pretty solid in the Diesel engine for the past few years.

As far as gas, the F150 has the same option as the Explorer Sport. I went with a Ford Explorer Sport in 2012 that had the V6 twin turbo eco boost & it was a solid motor. I need a SUV with ass in it or it's just a grocery getter to me. Also, in that time I looked at the technology across the board of various models & Ford did a great job from a pricing standpoint of not charging for all the extra options.

I have never been a Chevy or Dodge person. Never a fan of their designs. Toyota just doesn't seem like a real truck to me.
Well I've been driving my GMC Sonoma since 02 (get off my lawn) and the thing has survived thru the hell of 3 boys learning to drive stick. One smashed the front into a Range Rover. I got plowed in the back twice. I finally had to replace the transmission last year

Duelly would be cool if I win Lotto and buy a boat!!
That's why he wants a bigger truck. He can tow just fine with his 01 F250 (older than your Chevy so get off his lawn&#128514 but he likes the foot print of the dually with higher towing capacity. We do have a larger boat that can only be towed with a bigger truck. The fishing boat can be towed with the X5 if I add a stealth hitch on it.

Boat (break out another thousand) is a very true statement.
Appreciate 0