View Single Post
      10-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #3
Thumbs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 X5 3.0 5-spd, '10 X6 i35,

My mistake, obviously. The F15 has B&O while the new model has B&W. Both sound fantastic!

I reached out to the folks at BavSound hoping to get a better idea of the quality of the upgrades they offer. They provided a great response:

"Thanks for the message and the specific musical example. We love some Mark Knopfler over here! So good news: The Stage One and Ghost subwoofer upgrades are exactly what you are looking for to get much closer (if not surpassing) the B&W system.

The HK amp is actually quite decent (similar to the B&W amp though the B&W is a bit more powerful); the real difference lies in the speakers. The HK speaker are of a MUCH lower quality and that's really where you are losing so much quality and picking up all that muddy, shrill, undefined character.

The Bavsound speakers and subs fix this problem and provide a listening experience much closer to the original recording. Rest assured Mark was quite conscious of those cymbals in his final mix and it's important we hear them too!"
Appreciate 0