11-27-2019, 12:10 PM   #13
GeorgeR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 XDrve35i 2009 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj22 View Post
I have looked into this many many times. Its a complete teardown to get it retrofitted is the conclusion. Not sure if its worth it. I don't mind the parts cost, its just the labor and finding a reliable shop to do it.
Give Musicar Northwest a call, they have worked on a lot of BMW’s and put DIY upgrade systems together. Not entirely plug and play but close.

I live just south of Seattle and don’t mind making the drive, it would be a bit longer from Vancouver but they will also help find a local installer to do the work with their kit if you prefer.

I plan on upgrades to my 2016 X6 F16 with 688 Harman/Kardon Surround Sound System after my 4-year warranty runs out late February 2020. I don’t know how many X5/X6 systems Musicar has done so feel free to have them practice on you and prepare for my upgrade 😊. B&O was not an option on the 35i, only the 50i and M I believe. With what I know now, even if I owned a 50i, I would go for a lower priced audio option and purchase an aftermarket upgrade kit.

BavSound is a good option for convenience but I am finding there are much better alternatives available.

Here are some pictures of an X5 install Musicar NW did.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kennet...57667508673867

I had Musicar add an OEM style corner mounted Subwoofer to my 2009 335i Coupe along with a 3 channel amp that also powers the stock under-seat woofers and it is a significant improvement. This install included a BMW "TOP" HiFi Plug and Play harness and Audio Line Output Converter. I plan on upgrading the cabin L/R and under-seat speakers along with new amps and a DSP next.

For the X6 I plan on building a subwoofer hidden in the storage compartment myself, possibly install a 3-channel amp in a manner similar to Musicar’s full-bass upgrade but I will use Musicar NW to do the cabin upgrade. I will be building the enclosure over Christmas break.

Most of Musicar’s certified Sound solutions for BMW are for other models but the sound system’s and speakers used are essentially the same. If you check the 3, 4 and 5 series sections on this forum you will find lots of examples.

https://musicarnw.com/musicar-certified-sound-for-bmw/

There is a recent X6M owner living in Canada a bit east of you wrapping up an unbelievable, full system upgrade I am following right now.
Appreciate 0