yamaharecker
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_internet View Post
I will.

Mine was more of a metallic sound like tapping a say a bic pen on a metal linkage. It was a constant beat and not irregular. It did not seem to follow RPM but, it had its sweet spot when going 10-40mph and 1/8-1/4 on the pedal. I should of recorded it. It happened at 1-3000 rpm when doing a slight acceleration and load. Not at idle or when revving. Also seem to be there when warm.

It did not sound like a rod nock. As I have built small block chevy's v8, v6 GM's. and wrenched for a few years. But those were cast iron. That and my vette has some piston slap (LS1) hate to say it but a known mfg issues with some loose tolerances. My Jeep Grand Cherokee has the piston slap/diesel when cold for the first 5 min but that is just wear and tear and millage.

Thinking of it now however..... being an aluminum block it might be rod bearing but, still sounds more metallic (higher sound) then a rod nock that has a little more base to the sound...

Now my X3 has a N55 with 44k ….. I hope I don't ever hear anything on that one....
Ill try to take a video in the next couple days to see if its the same sound as yours. Thanks for the update
Appreciate 0