View Single Post
      11-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Rubber Ducky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Best guess from my experience with early order of an E93...

Dealer will have allocation(s) well before prices, though you'll have to have an options sheet before an order can go in - all BMWs are 'made-to-order.' Will be difficult to get off MSRP when prices do come out, but I managed to peel $1000 (repeat customer). Much doubt prices will be available for LA Show or for first journalist rides. I saw a live E93 at my dealer before I knew prices (BMW probably will have a pre-release car going from dealer to dealer in each of its regions - dealer indoctrination etc.)

Price is price - MSRP will be constant and not raised for early orders. I doubt the E89 will generate the intensity of - say - the ZR1, so don't expect dealer markups beyond BMW pricing (not sure BMWNA would allow that anyway).

On a lease, expect high residual, high money factor - probably something like 60%/36-mo/12K and .00320.

Expect delivery 10 - 12 weeks after order. Should be able to do European Delivery or Performance Center Delivery.

Will be competition for the first allocations, so need to get into dealer and pull the trigger quickly.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Appreciate 0