View Single Post
      08-06-2023, 09:02 PM   #6
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAI///M3 View Post
I would be looking into healthier (lower calorie/higher protein) take out options or maybe even a local meal prep service before considering any kind of “kibbles and bits”. There are some OK mail order meal prep services too if you search around but my experience is they are typically frozen and not as fresh as something local.
I've done the Factor meals and all the other meal kits, all still are pumped up with crap and can't eat them on the go. Factor was the best no doubt. I need to strap a feed bag on, not something I need a microwave for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
Instead of "The Farmer's Dog," it's "The Farmer." I could totally get behind a product that *cleanly* delivered all necessary nutrients, but since everyone's metabolism and makeup are different, it would need to be customized. For example, I do best on a high protein, high carb, and low(er) fat macro distribution. I've tried variations all over the map, combined with body scans, and that's what works for me. It won't necessarily work well for someone else. Many will decry carbs as evil. So that's really the impetus for meal prep, in spite of being a pain in the ass. Only you know what your body truly needs, and by prepping you have complete control over macro's. I do not go crazy with prep. It's a few pounds of chicken maybe once a week in a slow cooker and four cups of rice in another. I will eat this lunch and dinner. Vegetables can piss off, but I will have a few pieces of fruit. Saturday nights, I allow myself a meal of indulgence, which is not only good from a mental/emotional standpoint, but it helps fill any nutrient gaps I've formed over the week. But if there were a food service that had the capability to pelletize my food based on a custom macro distribution, I'd be all over it. But Saturday nights it's the food equivalent of "The Purge" for me.
My man gets it! Food is fuel, why do we need it to be so complicated. Dogs have many options for different body types and or needs. Are you bigger or smaller, just change the cup size to fit the kcal you need.

My brother changed his mindset to only think of food as fuel, he looks like freaking GI Joe while I look like humpty dumpty. That said I'm fighting a lot of health problems which doesn't help my situation. The Dr. tells me weight control and energy is going to be an issue so I don't be too hard on myself. Just getting tired of everything and I'm at a breaking point. When I see how easy it is to keep our dogs fit I think there has to be a better way for humans.
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1310.50