View Single Post
      01-26-2023, 09:48 AM   #8
ENDEE666
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M CB on Aragon BM3 XHP

The pressure is a big part, yes, but I disagree that the bag material doesn't matter. If you compare two tires of equal size with the same psi, but one is a "touring" tire with a thin, flexible sidewall, and the other is a performance tire or RFT, one will obviously be drastically softer and the others will be stiffer. Same psi and same size. Same principle here. A thicker rubber will flex less than a thinner one, not really debatable.

And that's why the thought of a shorter bag, intended for a different but similar weight car ie 5 GT, could help. At least in theory. I don't know the measurements or psi of the oem bags. But a theoretical equation -

Say F85 bags have a measure of 5" deflated and 8" at 100psi (just for easy hypothetical math)

Say the F07 5 GT bags measure 4" deflated and 7" at 100psi. 1 inch shorter, same psi.

Again, just hypothetical numbers. But the logic and theory is there. And the reason I mentioned the 5 GT bags is because their weight is in the same range as X5s, but they obviously sit lower. And at least from comparing photos, the top and bottom fittings look the same. Where the E53 X5 bag looks very different.

I'm trying to think outside the box a bit, especially since options are very limited. And I get it, people like KW. Personally I do not, not for this car.

Then "deflating" the F85 bag to 7" might only take 80 psi but the 5 GT bag would be at 100 psi.
Appreciate 0