Thread: Boot mod 3
View Single Post
      10-21-2018, 07:13 AM   #59
thetenscott
Rep
Drives: F86 X6 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjsmith88 View Post
I had an N63TU engine about 5 days ago been researching this F85 because I blew my engine with JB4 I advise to go with a Full tune everyone around me using Bootmod3 no engine blown that I kno of all motors
Was running Stage 2 BM3 for almost a year and had to replace injectors, spark plugs, then a transfer case....all covered by warranty and then the dreaded knock happened and BMW said needed a new motor. With all of the n63tu motors being replaced all over the country they are really checking the cars with knocks for any mods so they don’t have to replace under warranty. Found my BM3 tune and flagged my car. No warranty coverage. 13k to replace and install new motor plus 2k for new DME as if I wanted a warranty again they said I would need to buy new DME or they couldn’t be sure the tune was gone! My lesson here is flash tune even if flashed back to stock before dealer sees it will and can still be seen if they dig hard enough. Never had a service issue before the knock. Everything was always replaced under warranty even with downpipes and I taken amd exhaust. I also have a fantastic relationship with my SA but if BMW steps in then your at their mercy. I was told would have been better to have a piggy back and then I could have removed it before bringing it in. This wouldn’t clear any engine codes or signals etc or pop up under any DME search. Idk the whole thing was a nightmare. BM3 was an awesome tune but in the end who knows if it caused this. Either way I had to eat it. But now I have a f86 so anyone recommend a good tune ? Hahaha.
Appreciate 1