View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 12:09 PM   #29
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
I've owned some fast stangs, but my fastest one was a fox body built for the drag strip. I drove it on the street just fine. Never wrecked it or got into an accidents & this was decades ago in my 20s. It was a 10 second car on the bottle. My C6Z was probably faster, but never tracked it.

Too many people suck at driving & lack common sense is the problem
I get what you're saying, but as I've gotten older (50 in a month), I've become less and less enthralled with high powered cars. My Stage 2 M235 6MT is much faster than my 265hp Cayman (low 12 second car vs mid 13 second car), but the Cayman is WAY more fun to drive. Obviously handling is amazing, but even the power in the Cayman is fine because it's very responsive above 4500rpms, I can hammer it on the street, power is linear, it launches hard, sounds amazing, etc. I love my M235, but after 7+ years of ownership, most of it at Stage 2 power, I just can't use the power on the street plus the torque delivery is such that you do have to have a level of awareness with throttle, rpms, the tires, chassis, etc. to keep the car on the road. With the Cayman, there is awareness too, but that awareness is adjusting to it's high handling limits. I'll get a 2017-2018 M2 DCT to replace my M235 and I have no intentions to even tune it. I'll put on my catted DP to gain 20whp/20wtq and that's it. It should be perfect for the street and still faster than 99% of the vehicles on the road and it should stick well too.

Between your Hellcat and Miata, which would you take if you had to choose one as your only performance car?