01-29-2019, 05:38 PM   #16
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgraham View Post
I agree about changing fluids earlier than recommended, for performance vehicles especially it's a no brainer.

I'm not so keen on some of the more niche oil/lubes companies. My wife is high up in Exxon, my dad was a Chemical Engineer at Shell for nearly 30 years so between them I've heard pretty much everything a lay person would want to know. Even a lot of the Exxon people will tell you off the record that Shell V-Power gas is a little better than the Exxon equivalent. For oils/lubes I just don't understand the logic thinking a small company like Bardahl with $20m turnover can be better than something like Mobil oil which probably spends 100's of times more on R&D each year. I like supporting small companies normally but when it's related to science and R&D, money makes a big impact.
Agreed. My rule of thumb is to change the engine oil half sooner than whatever BMW recommends. And remember you can't just jump off the bed after a good night's sleep and immediately run a 100 meters race … and neither would your M car, without catastrophic failure down the road if done repeatedly. It's essential to warm up first by taking a slow jog before sprinting.

Last edited by musa; 01-31-2019 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 3
kanvas649.00
EricU660.00