F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F85MTuNED View Post
I'm used to letting vehicles warm up in the winter over the years so yes I do but I was also told that I no longer have to do that with this vehicle being "Newer tech" but tbh I still let it warm up just not as long as I would normally want too.

Imo the vehicle operates better at warmer temps...which is common sense lol.
Think the extensive warm up is exclusive to older carb'd cars. The A/F sensors would be wildly inaccurate when cold. So in the past, with a carburetor; warm up until the car wasn't rough idling anymore then pull away. Now with DI, it's actually recommended to drive off slowly after 20 seconds or so to heat the oil faster and diminish the time the engine cranks with lower oil temps. Our engines have the cold start option, where the engine rev higher at idle, to heat the cats, unnecessary for decatted.
Yeah I'm de-catted but I left it on just for a piece of mind if you will lol. After the idle drops I usually drive off slowly I NEVER hammer it right away because I just have an old school way of thinking... "oil isn't circulating through the turbines yet" / all sorts of things that can go wrong etc etc thoughts.

I just really try to stay on top of things and give anything I own the extra TLC it deserves so in case I have to sell it one day the new owner is getting a great product. Even I annoy myself on how meticulous I can be but I like to believe it's for the better.