04-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
wow, that is one gorgeous watch right there.

as I reflect on my current collection of watches, I have a hard time saying whether I would put myself into the "consumerist" or "curatorial" group. I struggle because I've never lusted for the true dress watches from any brand, as I just tend to like cases that are a little more substantial (though I also don't go for any of the clownishly big watches out there these days... 41-43mm seems to be the sweetspot for me). despite that, I fully appreciate the heritage and quality of the PP, VC and AP brands (among others). I just can't afford some of their more substantial watches that fit my aesthetic tastes (which tend to be the complications).

on to my contribution to this thread. I currently have a Vacheron Malte Dual Time in gold (a discontinued model, I believe), which hasn't skipped a beat in the past 5 years I've had it. it's an amazing piece, and though it's for very formal occasions and is probably therefore a loser on the bang-per-buck, I try to wear it as often as I can and it makes me happy.

that said, if I were choosing between the PP and VC watches you note above, I'd definitely go for the PP as it seems to just be revered as more prestigious than the VC (no matter how slightly).

Last edited by Brosef; 04-10-2014 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0