Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Good Morning everyone.

How are you, son?
Dad! I'm okay.

I actually thought about you and jtodd_fl during this week; I am meeting tomorrow after work with the father of one of my good friends, he owns a lucrative flooring company that has been in his family for a few generations, and they are very well off. He's happily agreed to sit down and chat with me over sushi regarding some questions I had for him. I'm not sure if I want to enter the realm of true entrepreneurship or command a higher level of an existing organization (finance director, operations, etc.; not really into the customer aspect of things, much, although I do expect to encounter stakeholder interaction), but I wanted to pick his brains concerning some things that have piqued my interest during my current business coursework.

Let me know if these topics are okay, or what kinds of questions I should be asking:

1. Startup capital? (Sponsorship, investors, stakeholder influence)
2. Origin? (Hereditary, company derivative, determination of market needs)
3. Hindrances? (Roadblocks, financial overhead, revenue-profit margins)
4. Maintenance? (Budget prioritization and adherence, land/labor/capital, weight of production factors when executing business duties on management scope)
5. Environments?
5.1 Economic and legal - international trade, government regulations
5.2 Technological - how this has changed scope of business over course of tenure, how has it increased/affected marketability and effectiveness
5.3 Competition - how is customer importance/satisfaction regarded, and how is it enforced; what are differentiating stakeholder characteristics
5.4 Social - promotion of diversity, level of importance and implementation of best ethics practices within corporate environment

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0