Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonee View Post
My 2015 mineral white metallic x35d w/ shadowline trim is 3.5 years old now and am really starting to see issues that many mention regarding the "rainbow effect" on more than half of the shadowline trim pieces surrounding the windows (ugh). I've spent the past hour researching forums and online posts and it seems like about half the people experiencing the issue resolve it with various polishing agents/compounds such as Mequiar's (ScratchX, Cleaners Wax, #7 or #9) or Mother's FX Synthetic Wax. The other half either don't do anything about it or try to get BMW to replace under warranty (read about 3 people or so that said BMW replaced it for them as a one time warranty/courtesy). I have 4 months left on my factory 4 yr/50k mile warranty and would like to complain to the dealer about this during my next (and final) included oil change service in a couple weeks.

My questions are:
1. Has anyone had BMW replace the shadowline trim under warranty?
2. (follow-up) If so, how did you convince them to do it?
3. (follow-up) Did they replace all the window trim or only the affected pieces?
I've had the rear two pieces replaced under warranty. I'm actually about to email my SA and tell him some of the others are also going to need replaced.
I just showed my SA the colour differences and he put the claim in. Took about a week to get approved and replaced.
Now with the new ones in you can really tell there is a difference between them.
Appreciate 0