View Single Post
      09-15-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
kanvas
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: V8

This ONE issue... need your help!

I have been having this one issue for a while. When accelerating (3/4 to full throttle), the car shakes violently and DING! --- drivetrain malfunction. Then, at idle, the car shakes very rough. If I turn off the engine for about 20 minutes, the warning goes away and the car is fine. As long I don't floor it, the car is fine.

Went to the dealer 3 times for this: replaced all spark plugs, mass air flow sensor, etc... and the issue keeps coming back! So I went to an independent mechanic. He test drove it and got these results. The X5 had 20 miles worth of gas left and he pointed that out. "Don't drive the car when it's running below quarter tank!" he says. He says that COULD be one of the contributing factors, since there's a pump inside the tank and having plenty of fuel is important (I don't remember the exact explanation, but something along the lines of that).

So I filled up the tank and floored it, and the problem reappeared. Other than this, nothing wrong with the X5, which I am thankful. But it's this ONE issue that keeps coming back. Anyone know why this happens? I'm all ears here.

Thanks.
Attached Images