Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by julienjj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3inthecity View Post
I have 2 years with my X5m and let me just tell you I'll never get one again. It drives amazing feels like a train on rails taking turns and is gorgeous but HOLY CRAP DOES THIS THING SOUND LIKE A SCHOOLBUS AT EVERY STOP. I know it may sound like I'm whining but cmon BMW this is a 120k truck it should not be squeaking the way it does. I had pads and rotors replaced twice by dealer and still nothing has changed.

The part that sucks the most is that I love the way it drives but there's no way in hell I'd spend this kind of money on a truck to have people looking around when ever I come to a stop because it sounds like a tribe of school busses are arriving. PLEASE BMW FIX THIS ISSUE

This is simply normal for high performances brakes. Repeated low temperature use make them squeal.

Find an empty country road, get up to 50mph, apply the brake firmly down to 5mph, get back to 50 and do that 7-8 times, then drive around braking the least you can for 5-10 minutes to let them cool, go back home, park the car until they are cold to the touch.

You can do that again when the sound come back in a few months/weeks.

A permanent fix would be to get organic brake pads, at the expense of the brake performance/heat resistance.

You can thank me later
Or he could Autocross it or track it each time the squeal comes back... Those activities also have the same effect with a lot more fun involved
Appreciate 0