Moe2Moto
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe2Moto View Post
The device I linked has an antenna, but is similar to Andream device, what worries me is one of the cons on Andreams is: "Does not have a vented box like Joyeauto (potentially heat may cause issues)" so I'm trying to figure out if users have had issues with the device linked.
I think that the JoyeAuto is an older box. All the other ones do have vented sides but it's not going to get that hot. These boxes are mostly streaming boxes as the majority of the work is done on your phone.

I have the RoadTop version (an older one which at that time was a rebadged Andream) and haven't had any issues. I'd go with one of the bigger names (Andream, RoadTop, Carlinkit and Bimmertech) so you can get at least a few updates (or find them easier for the big names from here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1675929).

Mr12Volt is supposedly releasing one for the NBT ID4 soon-ish. Their's is a little different in that the audio doesn't go through AUX but through the MOST bus (although, it sounds just fine through AUX for me).

Bimmertech is probably the best supported but the most expensive followed by Carlinkit/RoadTop/Andream. Mr12volt seems to be well supported but will probably slot in between the other two tiers pricewise.
Did you have issues with calling someone using CarPlay? Because most individuals that received this item, reported they had issues calling someone using RoadTop CarPlay.
Appreciate 0