05-22-2022, 06:51 AM   #104
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruppa View Post
Sorry for the long delay here, been crazy busy.

Alright so I still love this setup just as much as my original thoughts, if not more. I did mess with the settings a bunch and finally have it where I want. At first I started off too soft, which was great for around town but it was scary/floaty going fast on the highway so I had to find a balance.

When you adjust these settings you are supposed to turn the adjustments all the way to fully firm and then go backwards from there hence my descriptions below.

Front Bump: -6 from full stiff (was -8)
Front Rebound: -9 from full stiff (was -12 which was too soft, then -6 which was too harsh)

Rear Bump: -6 from full stiff (was -7)
Rear Rebound: -10 from full stiff (tried -9/-11, this is just right)

So I personally find this to be the best balance of everything. I learned a lot in my research about what bump vs rebound does to the dynamics of the car and it's been a fun process. I hope some people find this useful.
Decided to finally try to adjust my own suspension today, two years after the shop installed it as I didn’t like the ride at all. Found the shop had put compression/bump to 10 in the rear and 9 in the front while leaving rebound at 6.. this after I had complained that the factory settings were harsh. So basically they just adjusted what was easy to get to from under the car

Getting to the rebound adjusters took a bit of disassembly but I reset everything to your settings and now the car drives great much better on rough bits than factory and way better than the mess my shop had adjusted to, thanks for posting!!
Appreciate 1