Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first View Post
Show me ONE example in my 1st post that he replied to that was belittling someone without a real M?

Show me.

Please.

My, and the majority of others feel BMW is consistently watering down the M Brand.

That is the point.

At no time did I mention customers in my post.

Go ahead and read through my last posts... you tell me if I?m in a position to belittle ANYONE...

Not that I would if I was.
It's all about the context of your original post, it comes off as belittling to those who don't have M.

I look at it like this...
BMW makes a standard line and a high-performance M line with M-Sport right in the middle. The M-Sport pretty much has standard performance combined with M styling. Perfect if you like the sportier M styling but will never use the high-performance of M and don't want the increased liability of owning a high-performance car. I don't see anything wrong with this and I feel that BMW is wise to capitalize on it.
Okay.

It?s laughable that an ?M? car would be a trophy car.

It?s just a BMW for Christ?s sake. Not a bespoke Bugatti.

This M is the most expensive car I?ve ever bought and it was still less than 100k USD.

I?ve had 27 cars (I?m 41)... the M?s were by far the most expensive. Shit, I drove a used CR-Z, so I could save up the for 2015 M4.

Do I want something (regardless of what it is) that I have saved up for to be Different/Better/Stronger/Cleaner/ Whatever, then most the other like items out there.

Of course, so would you. Otherwise what?s the point?

Just drive a beige Toyota Camry.

Do they make more money watering down the brand, you bet. Cannot argue that.

To those customers that have, in my personal example, saved up so they could drive something different, it?s a FU to them.

If currently driving an M makes someone arrogant to someone without an M... think about how you?re affecting people that drive a Hyundai.

At least I use my blinkers (lol).

So, long conversation short.

IMO BMW is turning people off that want a real M..
Appreciate 2
Chadmatic660.50
6ixSpd6014.50