07-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #43
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silververtu View Post
Sorry to bring the old thread up. Finally found a simple and quick easy way to clean the shiny leather steering wheel and bring back the matte color back.

These were the items I used:
- Leatherique cleaner
-Zaino leather conditioner/lotion (I used this over Leatherique rejuvenate because it's quicker)
- electric facial brush (retired from my wife) but you can get it cheaply on amazon or at Sephora
- boar hair or horse hair pencil brush for tight and hard to reach area
- 2 microfiber towels (one to wipe off the cleaner and one to wipe off extra leather conditioner/lotion)

First I sprayed some leatherique cleaner onto a quarter of the steering (so the cleaner didn't dry up while I clean the other section). Then sprayed some cleaner onto the electric facial brush and start cleaning. I let the electric brush did all the cleaning for 20-30 seconds and i didn't apply too much pressure. After that, I sprayed the leather cleaner onto a horse hair pencil brush to clean the hard to reach area such as the curves around 3/6/9 position. Remember to clean in circle like how you wax the car. Use a microfiber towel to wipe off the cleaner on the steering. Volla!!! The steering is back to matte black color! I put leather conditioner on my palm and applied it onto the steering by hands and wipe off the residue with another microfiber towel.

Below are before and after photos

Hope this help you guys.
Can you post a few more pictures preferably during daytime and without camera flash?

Look forward to seeing them. And nice work on getting it cleaned!
Appreciate 0