View Single Post
      10-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #11165
Arteezy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post
Before you read the below text, I'm happy with these wheels. Looks great from 10ft away, the dealership mechanic had no problem balancing them, and no vibrations while driving. Many wheels with low profile tires will be like this after a few years on the road in northern crappy road states, and people don't even realize it...

BUT:
So I ended up taking a chance on these wheels that were sold on the forum to another member, and then resold to me. I actually don't believe in buying used wheels anymore, but I felt like taking a chance on these, needed something while I decide what to get to replace my AG wheels, that are heading to the recycling station soon, due to some bad pot holes.

Person I bought these Style 310 wheels from disclosed what he knew of damages, was up front about it with me, and I had read his post dealing with original seller (SpecialSauce21). I also remember looking at the original post for sale when SpecialSauce21 listed them, and remember him not disclosing any issues or scratches.

Nevertheless, regardless of what was said about SpecialSauce21 "clearing up the misunderstanding up" etc., now after being able to inspect the wheels myself, I highly recommend no one buys wheels from him, unless they get front and back pictures and a copy of an independent inspection.
My personal opinion of him is; shady AF...

Wheels balance out fine, but one wheel also had scratches looking as if driven through a carwash, and inside of wheel scraped against the track in the carwash the whole time. A couple wheels were not perfectly round, almost as if they had been straightened, or lightly hit pot holes.

I have no regrets buying them, see this more of as a public announcement to not put too much trust in anything specialsauce21 claims if he tries to sell wheels again...

I did think it was strange he kept showing interest on his own threads with multiple accounts wasn't hard to figure out that specialsauce21, x5_50i and life_sucess22 (not sure the exact spelling) is the same person as at times he forgets to switch names before bumping his own thread.
Appreciate 2
1norseman398.00
P111572.00