Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silververtu View Post
Anyone here bought this to try?
I just did, I get a kick out of gadgets like these and gives me something fun to play with. Will probably upgrade all the speakers at some point.

Paying 1500 for the real one is crazy but 250 to 350 for this one for 99 percent the same function I can stomach that.

I posted it because I remember some people as well as myself were wondering how hard it would be to retrofit the whole B&O system but everyone said it's not a huge upgrade over the HK setup, and just to go aftermarket as the sound is better than either system.

So this will at give me something cool to play with and once I upgrade the rest of the speakers can just change the rest of the speaker covers and should look pretty good.

As one poster has said, if they copied it and scanned the original and made a 1 for 1 copy it's posable it projects sounds better than the stock non motorized version. So it's an upgrade over stock regardless.

The other route is just to remove the B&O text then it will just blend into the HK setup.

I believe they make both branded and non branded models. The reason I went with these guys is their anodizing of the aluminum is more compliant to standards that won't fade over time. I'm sure for the most part the speakers are all the same.
Looks like they also have the tweeters that pop up as well.
Yea those are for another model vehicle I'd recon.

I'm wondering how the speakers are installed and how hard it would be if posable to swap them out for another brand speaker ....... like JL or focal or the like.....
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00