View Single Post
      08-14-2020, 06:07 PM   #733
ICBM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
I think you will really like the resonators, it makes the sound even deeper IMO. As for the X-pipe, I am not sure how it affects the sounds vs an H-pipe so it will be very interesting to hear how it turns out, I think either way you will be good. And perhaps its just in my mind, but I swear it is faster now after the mods, its too hot to draggy the times on here in AZ but when it cools down some I will get some times on it. Interested to see if you think yours feels quicker after the resonators. Post some audio clips too if you can
I will do a new video once it's done, I hope I will have the resonators by next Friday. From all I know about the H vs X -Pipes in terms of sound, the H keeps the muscle car sound while still doing balancing exhaust gasses and flows quite well. X-Pipe will do better in terms of flow but in terms of sound not and apparently the gain it is seen at higher rpm.
(Also, depends on the application, for the Audi 3.0 Supercharged engine I love the x-pipe sound vs non x-pipe). I am only looking for sound improving, performance wise doesn't really matter, 2-3hp more or less make no difference. After the x-pipe I don't feel any difference in performance. If something, feels like slower now but that's just me being mad about the wasted time and money I guess I haven't used my Draggy on this car yet, maybe I will do it when I will be on vacation.

Yours for sure it is faster after the mods, the most restrictive part of the OEM exhaust it is the rear muffler, and you have it straight pipe

Last edited by ICBM; 08-14-2020 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0