View Single Post
      03-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #17
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
All my coding has been done from a Macbook Pro, running Windows 8 on Parallels.

That's certainly the way mine works. I took some pictures with different destinations (close, medium, and far). You can see in each the "distance to destination" and note that the dot reflects gas *required* in each. I think I have about 130 miles of range left in my tank right now.

Not at all intuitive, but once you've got your head around "as long as the gas gauge is past that dot I'm fine" it's easy
Alistairg, I very much appreciate you taking the time to post this response. My vehicle works exactly as yours appears to work. I base my statement that it isn't working correctly on what everyone from BMW has told me who's seen how this feature works on my vehicle, along with how I was taught it worked when I took delivery at the Performance Center. Your explanation makes perfect sense to me, but it contradicts the written documents I've seen from BMW, some of them training documents, and what I've been told during different conversations. Knowing that it isn't just my vehicle, and hearing your explanation of the feature, it may be something worth letting go, and utilizing as you do, over letting BMW tinker with my car's software. I'll make sure to show your post to my friends in BMW, as well as the "genius" at my local dealership who says this method of operation is incorrect. Again, thanks for taking the time to take the pictures, and do such a great writeup, it's much appreciated!

As for coding with my MacBook....I've thought about it. In the end, the absolute only thing that Windows would be used for is coding our BMWs, so it's not worth clogging up my MacBook for just that. As I mentioned, my husband loves World of Warcraft, and has causally mentioned getting a dedicated Windows gaming laptop for some period of time now. I feel more comfortable going that route, than taking much needed, and used hard drive space on my MacBook, even if his indecision is slowing down my ability to code the cars right now.
Appreciate 0