View Single Post
      01-05-2019, 03:28 AM   #671
Manuwai
Rep
Drives: '15 X5

Sorry to hear about your situation! Sounds like such a headache. Is this the same dealership that replaced your fuel injectors or a different one? Also, did you have them replace the fuel filter when you had the injectors replaced?

I'm surprised they won't good will the repairs seeing how you had an error code in the past which BMW said could point to the fuel filter issue and that they had already checked for this condition.

I used to be a tech at a Honda dealership and whenever a customer came in with a known issue, but their VIN wasn't covered under the extended warranty, our dealer would good will the repairs. For example, 1999-2004 odyssey's had known transmission issues, which involved replacing it, Honda extended the warranty to 105K miles. Some customers never experienced the issue until after 105K, but we would still warranty the work since it was a known issue.

I would try as much as you can to get it completely covered. Not doing the work because you're 1000 miles over is BS. Especially since they mentioned this very problem at an earlier visit.

I wish you the best of luck and post an update whenever you have one!
Appreciate 0