View Single Post
      07-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #14
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

I did that once on my prelude years ago. I wouldn't reccomend this though, because God forbid you get in a serious collision, that license plate can become a guillitoine (sp?).

I must admit, it does look a lot better without the front plate. I have also sealed up my holes so they are barely noticeable. If I ever get cited for this, I will definitely bring up the fact that nearly every corvette I've seen does not have a plate... so if they can get away, I should too. There should not be exceptions for corvettes or any other cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbarstow
Well ... the jury is still "out" on this one. When I got my car in March, the Dealer told me that "the Front plate law in Texas is going to change in September" (although it has been proven to me that my CA is generally an idiot, I'd like to believe him on this one ! ).

I've done quite a bit of research on Westlaw and Lexis trying to determine if this is in fact the case - and it is inconclusive. There was a bill that passed the Texas House to repeal that section of the vehicle code, but nowhere can I locate a similar item passing the Senate. It doesn't look very certain that this will actually change in September. Current Case Law does indicate that a license plate displayed in the front windshield / dash is legal to meet the requirements of the code for front display.

So, until I'm absolutely sure that the law doesn't change in September, I refuse to drill holes in my front bumper, and I'm displaying my plate on the dash with suction cups attaching it to the windshield. If I get stopped for this, my lawyer (wife) already has the case cites ready to slap the officer with. I'd even enjoy that day in court.
Appreciate 0