07-05-2006, 11:07 AM   #15
bilbarstow
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i SG 6M ZPP ZSP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Joe Bimmer - it wouldn't be a waste of time in the court system - because I'd have been going to court for whatever ELSE they stopped me for. If it is just for the plate - I expect that I would not lose that issue, as the plate IS displayed, and Texas Case law (which has not as yet been overruled) has already ruled that as long as it "is visible from the front", which mine clearly is - it meets the standard of the vehicle code.

Now, the speeding rap or whatever else ? Those I might lose but I'll let my (free ? not really - I paid for her Law degree) Lawyer duke it out with them just for the hell of it.

tl_boy - yeah, I've already thought of the guillotine issue, the plate is wrapped in a clear plastic tubing which actually looks pretty good. It may still cut me in half, but it will be blunt when it's doing it. I was really more concerned with the sharp edges scratching my dash or windshield. Of course, anything within the cabin can become a projectile, so caveat driver !