02-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #505
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
They say don't buy fake car parts because they might be life threatening..that's their excuse.. lol.. so i guess if you have a fake watch that looks amazing and does it's job, complements your outfit.. then why not..
Well, you know...those unauthentic balance wheels inside those watches can come flying through the aluminum foil case and do real damage. Imagine what might happen if it were to hit someone in the eye. <winks and chuckles>

You clearly get the point of the thread.

Oh, believe me...I have plenty of reasons "why not." And I can think of a reason or three "why."

It's just that not one of them -- either way -- has anything to do with the judgments that other folks might make about me, my character or anything else were they to find me wearing a fake watch. I don't judge folks for wearing authentic ones or fake ones because that they do doesn't affect me.

Passing judgement when there is zero impact on oneself is exactly the "TMZ mentality" of which I wrote earlier. That's what's wrong and what matters. I don't know that doing that kind of thing qualifies as moral terpitude, but it seems close to me, very close.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 1