View Single Post
      08-20-2020, 02:48 AM   #34
willzpatron
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfandl View Post
I ended up going with the VRSF pipes with the Ceramic coating. Removing the BMW down pipes with the CAT was not fun, the hardest part was removing them after everything was unbolted. they have to be turned and twisted to get them up through the engine compartment. Would have been easier with a helper I'm sure.

I've had the new pipes in for about 3 weeks now. There was a little performance difference but since I had already done the Stage 2 Bootmod, the change was minimally noticeable. The sound, however totally changed. You can really hear the turbo's spool up but then the exhaust overpowers the sound (Stock behind the down pipes). I am sure there was a performance boost but I didn't do any kind of timing tests with it.

My friends all call my X5 "The Beast" , when you drive it, it's no wonder why...it's a beast.
Hey thanks so much for the info , I have a 2015 f15 5.0 m sport , since I’m also ordering from VRSF website I was wondering which version downpipes did you get since they give you two options 2 bolt flange or slip fit. I have stage 1 burble tune can’t wait to order these and put them on and do stage 2 with flames , does your tune have you blowing out flames from the mufflers?
Appreciate 0