View Single Post
      03-15-2015, 06:50 AM   #22
Floriank
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D M Sport Tanzanite

T8 vs. 40e

I am sure the X5 will be a sportier drive but, in comparison with the T8, it seems just sooo last century.

BMW has sadly missed the opportunity to add that little bit of extra magic to this, their first 'core brand' plug-in hybrid but instead have just added a battery to a standard X5.

The T8 however coincides with a complete refresh of the XC90 and, in my opinion just makes the X5 look old, dated and rather boring.

And, losing the 7 seat capability in the 40e will shift a whole lot of buyers toward the Swede anyway.

This just shows, bolting a battery onto a legacy vehicle not designed for this purpose means that you'll end up having to make too many space compromises.

The 40e probably drives a little more dynamic compared to the T8 but as for the rest - worlds apart! The Beemer has now been in development for years but the final release doesn't seem to show any improvements on what was first teased so many car shows ago - looks like most of BMW's engineers were focused on developing the new 2-Series.

I was waiting for the official details on this one before deciding what to buy next but, I'm afraid, after choosing BMW for my last 5 vehicles it's a case of too little too late.

Now, where's my nearest Volvo dealership....