GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
it probably has more metallurgy and finish details than in a typical $8K Rolex
I wonder about that.
I looked at what materials are used, and they're not particular expensive.
Exotic materials arent necessariy expensive. For example I also don't see a special movement (at least they dont show it), so the detailing on that is also unsure. With a Rolex, a significant portion goes in that too.
The color and 'recrystalized' titanium are both oven based processes I think (AIP is a pvd process, which is inexpensive)

The only thing I see, that could cost a lot of money, is those stripes made onto the centersegments of the bracelets. They are done by hand (if they write that those are done by hand, everything else probably isn't )
If thats the case, do we have here a ~$500 watch and a ~$7500 bracelet?

And it shows a bit in the website. All they write about is the cobarion bezel (cobarion is not an expensive metal and I doubt its more expensive than a ceramic bezel), and the surface treatments it underwent (and the hand finishing of the stripes on the bracelet).
Nothing is said about the movement, which makes this horologically about as interesting as a michael kors watch (ok, any other casio watch).
All watchmakers that are both renouned and sell expensive watches (way north of $5k) write about their movements.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50