View Single Post
      11-03-2019, 06:09 PM   #1
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

[Motoring]:BMW rolling out Ten M (and M Performance) Models within the next two years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra Lawrence
Fresh from launching the BMW X3 M and X4 M , BMW has promised to release 10 fresh M models in the next two years.

The new performance model onslaught was announced by BMW M president Markus Flasch during the BMW M Festival at the Kyalami circuit in South Africa on the weekend.

As you can see from this image presented at the press conference in Johannesburg, new full-blown BMW M ‘High Performance’ models to come in 2020 include the track-focussed BMW M2 CS, which will be revealed next week, the latest BMW X5 M and X6 M in both standard and Competition forms, and an upgraded M5 sedan based on the upcoming 5 Series facelift.

Although the M8 Competition Coupe and Convertible were launched globally last month, they won’t arrive in Australia until early next year, followed by the M8 Gran Coupe sedan, which was shown at Kyalami and Flasch confirmed will make its world debut at next month’s Los Angeles motor show.

Flasch said 2021 will be reserved for the launch of the all-new BMW M3 sedan and M4 coupe and convertible, saying they will bring “the most powerful engine in the segment; most likely manual stick-shift, all-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive”.

By the end of next year there will also be a host of new BMW M Performance models, including the M340i sedan and wagon, M235i Gran Coupe and M440i Coupe and Convertible, plus an upgraded M550i.

Flasch said sales of M models have grown 207 per cent in the past six years – from 48,872 in 2014 to a forecast 140,000 in 2019 – mostly due to M Performance models.

He said BMW M plans to continue increasing its share in the performance segment by focussing on customer racing special-editions directly derived from those race cars.

While BMW M’s largest markets continue to be the US, Germany, UK, Switzerland, Canada, central and southeast Europe and Australia, in seventh place, followed by Japan, China and France.

However, he said Australia and New Zealand rank within the top three regions worldwide for M and M Performance sales as a percentage of BMW sales.

Currently, one in five BMWs sold in Australia wear an M or M Performance badge, which is about the same share that AMG has of total Mercedes-Benz sales here, although the latter’s stronger sales makes Australia one of the world’s biggest AMG markets.

The M division boss said it’s no coincidence that 45 per cent of all BMWs sold worldwide are fitted with an M Sport package.

“This is because so many of our customers want to be part of the M family,” said Flasch.
Source: BMW M2 CS, M3, M4, M5, M8, X5 and X6 M models due by 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0