03-16-2024, 10:27 AM   #15
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
I don’t think so. Some new owners were supposedly finding the app/feature “active” w/no prior use of it. That may have been done by the onstar assistant that helps you set up the initial app, you have to call them with onstar and they work through setting up the general app and they try to sell you a subscription service for human nav directions or somethings. I'm not sure if it's really someone else triggering it, or if new users are doing it by accident, but it seems pretty easy to disable and find. It's just the “purpose” of the entire thing is totally misleading, it's about jacking up your rates.
I started a thread a few months ago when my insurance premium unexpectedly increased 24%. I bought a Bronco in 2022, so just over a year later I get a 24% bump in my insurance. Keep in mind for the past 6 years or so I was running with the max points on my license before the DMV gets serious and curtails your driving privilege. My insurance has stayed level or even slightly decreased over the last 10 years. And since 2022, I've drastically decreased my annual driving mileage by 30,000 miles; now, all my points have cleared and I have a driving points credit (bonus) of -2 (max my state gives).

I did join the age group that starts with a "6" a few years ago. But I chalked it all up to inflation of insurance that most people have recently experienced. I keep the Bronco's connectivity and data sharing apps disconnected and have nearly since the start of my ownership with it. I don't even have the FordPass app on my phone.

Now I have to consider if this BS driving record crap is the reason.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
RM72894.50