View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
Saleeb86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 M (F85)

I am fairly new to the performance vehicle customization scene, so please forgive any noobness that shines through in this post.

Just received and unboxed new Akrapovic exhaust for my F85. And much to my dismay, the pipes are not silver and shiny like in all the pictures I've seen; rather, they are quite dark, and appear dented in certain spots (although I will acknowledge you can see some flat spots in stock photos, so I'm not so concerned about that). Can anyone confirm that new out of box Akrapovic pipes don't appear the way they do in online pics?

Purchased from IND, which seems reputable, but the box was in shambles when it arrived - white padding was protruding from the box, internal black Akrapovic box was ripped along a seam and dented in a bit. Because of the appearance of the box, I'm not sure the pipes weren't dented in shipment, but this shouldn't account for what I perceive to be as discoloration.

Typically don't have buyers remorse this bad, but For $7k I expect a little more. Thanks in advance! Will upload pics in a few.

Upon further inspection, the inside of the pipes are coated in soot (see picture of finger after rubbing inside the tail pipe). Is this normal? Anyone know someone at IND who can help answer?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0