Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
Send $273 to ShaaibShihon@gmail.com. Make sure it is a friends and family payment otherwise he will only get $259.

PM sbinshihon your Payment email, name, address etc.

Also, note there are some limitations. I think the biggest one for most folks is that camera does not pop up with PDC detects something. In order to view the camera, you have to exit out of CarPlay.
Wait so PDC doesn't work? I thought that was fixed now? Secret menu? If it doesn't work count me out please
I was told by the seller 360 camera works, however I cant confirm because I only have the back up camera.
Also note that these issues will be worked out with updates I'm sure

The system still works and gives you an audible note so a monitor isn't completely needed but I'm sure it will be fixed in a future update.
This feature will not be "updated" if it doesn't work I can promise you that much. You will probably never see an "update" from them. With that said you don't need an update for future CarPlay versions to work. They run through the phone.

With that said it all these units are the same essentially and it should just be the soft setting in menu 4 as in the wired versions.

Also the audio is not "hardwired" into the aux port like the other versions. I use iDrive Bluetooth for calls and music just fine when connecting to CarPlay. But I do have to switch to aux when I want sound or audio from CarPlay.
Your positivity is absolutely gushing!

Saying the update will not come is ignorant just as me assuming their will be one I guess. I've bought these things in the past and guess what! They updated it so I'm speaking off of my personal experience as I'm sure your speaking of yours.

My rear monitors I bought are proof of that.

If they update the module and your required to buy a new module to fix those issues then I guess I'll just buy those, continuous improvement !
You gotta start somewhere

Also they said it worked but the camera doesn't show.

The beeps still beep, technically that's all I need anyway and that works well enough for me until they work on a version that works 100%.

Having it work 90% is better than having nothing.
Ya sorry. Don't have a lot of positive experiences with these products from multiple companies now. Who said what worked? The 360?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0