View Single Post
      08-02-2017, 06:42 PM   #4610
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvas View Post
It looks like break-ins are more common that not. I vacuumed the hell out of it but I'm sure there is fine glass lying around in places I don't expect them to be. I might do a couple more rounds.

There are a couple cameras in the building but they're not in every corner of every place. Just the main areas, such as garage entrances, common stairway, etc. It's been hectic so I'm getting in touch with the community manager tomorrow to see if she has caught anything on footage.

Yeah, I am a cautious person with a healthy dose of skepticism but for the life of me I don't know why I left it in the car yesterday night. It was pretty well ensconced on the floor of the rear seats and the car parked in the apartment parking structure as usual. But that's life I guess. You never know what may happen. At least no one got hurt. I'm still alive and well and that's what matters. The laptop was begging to die anyway

Off to calling a couple places for auto glass replacement.
Oh man that hurts

Maybe put stuff under cargo cover if it covers it completely. I don't think dashcam can help, just because it's very difficult to catch random junky using some smudgy face picture, let alone it's usually not the best lighting and they may wear hoodies and such. Even if you get clear picture - small chance police will declare manhunt for stolen laptop from the car

Dashcam is good for accidents tho, I agree 100% with that - to have proof for insurance it wasn't your fault, but for break ins - I still think it's better to not leave anything in the car, sorry to rub it in
Appreciate 1