05-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #37
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Honestly, have you not seen this design direction coming? It's the same way in the 3, the 6, the 6GC and now the X5. Soon they will all be like that.

It does have a lot of benefits. It allows you to have a much lower beltline for the dash. Allows a lot more design flexibility.
I have seen it in the 3 series and I don't like it. It just looks bad and instead of having a flow with the rest of the curves, there it is, a little brick sticking out from the dash. It is even hard to clean behind it, a perfect space to collect dust. It is even easier to damage it.
My wife likes the Mini hates the interior gauges and the design. So am I.
3 Series, same story, we both hate the navigation so we bought the X1.

Mercedes has a similar approach and it looks absolutely grotesque, I hate it with passion. Is like it was installed by me and you after-market in my garage.

If that is the direction, I love the BMW but I don't know if I will swallow this one. I must love the car I am driving, or for me the interior is very important. I don't see the design flexibility. I mean flexibility for what? What else needs to be installed there and the Navigation does not permit? Look at other manufacturers, they are doing it great. There are many options that the interior design can embrace and from all of them they choose this...

Last edited by Teutonic; 05-28-2013 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0