05-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #39
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Exactly. I'm always amazed the amount of people that would prefer more of the same. The current idrive screen in the e70 with that hideous bezel looks like something from the 90s.
So, Mercedes has the same, BMW goes the same aren't you in that category of people that "prefer more of the same" as well?
It is the same concept. The new one is just something new for you but I personally consider that everything should be as compact and as integrated as possible. Would you buy an Ipad that has a camera sticking out of the body like a snail eye? Just asking. This is how it looks for me.
What's next? In order to obtain that "design flexibility" that you guys are talking about we will stick out the odometer too?
Really?

Don't be amazed about what people think. So far, nobody I know (and I have a lot of friends with BMW) love that screen. From twenty people that I know they "accepted" or "swallowed" this screen because of the car, and they "learned to live with it". So, it is a compromise.
Be open, "the beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
Soon, this design will be obsolete too. Take my word for it.
And one more thing, even if it looks old for you, not everything that is new is beautiful. The fact that you got used or bored it doesn't mean is ugly.

I bet some people will like this interior...
Attached Images

Last edited by Teutonic; 05-29-2013 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0