View Single Post
      07-18-2021, 02:43 PM   #446
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4r0kh View Post
Hi folks, here to share my experience. I have a 2016 X5 (F15), so I’ve missed carplay by a year and decided to buy the MMI box to enable it. Bought one off eBay which looked exactly like the one from Bimmer, but was half the price. Installation was a bit tricky because of very little space behind the OEM radio unit, sweat dropping as I was trying to wiggle it into place and make the radio fit back, but everything works like a charm. Here’s a link to the one I bought in case you are looking to buy one that is verified: LINK

Because I have an iPhone I didn’t even have to plug in the USB cable and make it stick out under the dashboard, everything works fine wireless, I can use both the iDrive controller and the little scrolling thingy on the steering wheel to control it and FINALLY I have a full advanced equalizer (I have the basic BMW audio system and had only controls for bass and trebble), so the music sounds waaay better now. I’ll try to upload some photos from the process.

Thanks for posting. How do you find the smoothness, etc? Does it feel like something that came from the factory? Considering this but if it requires too much ‘extra’ knowledge or interaction it may be a hindrance to my wife…

Looks good tho!
Appreciate 0