View Single Post
      10-15-2023, 10:04 AM   #5
dentprotony@gmail.com
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 f85

If it was my personal vehicle i would recommend
A) find a good pdr guy to push to paint the current damage on the liftgate (remove the emblem for now), this will likely cost 350-450 to bring it close.
B) find a different bodyshop, a good one , let them properly spray that section without doing area around the plate etc. the damage is on the curved area so minor color difference will be acceptable given location and emblem. Has to be a pro shop to do that. This will cost 200-350 for just that section and proper color match
C) i would ask another shop to repair the bumper, but unfortunately some will refuse due to nearby park sensors location. On a good side if they agree to repair they can keep the primer/color inside the body curves to avoid blending into the quarters.

Key to all this is a pro shop, pro shop would know that new bumper/liftgate in silverstone could be a few shades off and look different, pro shop would know that used parts can come painted or scuffed, pro shop would focus on means to keep repair area small and offering solutions other than getting used parts that will come in repainted , dented, and scuffed , theres ways to make all this work without spending 2k+ on used parts that will still require pdr and paint. Find a good shop/dent guy

PS on the bumper its a close call unfortunately. Liftgate pdr, prime, spot base and clear the whole section.
Appreciate 0