View Single Post
      04-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #22
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmanx View Post
Congrats! I went through a similar struggle trying to decide between the two as this would primarily be used by my wife as a family/kids hauler/grocery getter. I was set on getting a 35i and went back and forth between my two builds, but in the end the test drive of the 50i won me over. The 50i felt like a completely different vehicle compared to the 35i and I felt the V8 offered more performance per dollar than the I6 version. Plus getting an SUV with the same engine as my E92 335i didn't seem logical to me, although the whole idea of getting a high performance SUV as a family hauler is illogical.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your car very much. I loved my E70 and like the F15 even more. Can't wait for mine to arrive and the black kidney grilles will be my first mod.
I know what you mean about the 50i feeling like a completely different car. I went through the same thing when i had my F10 535xi then switch over to the F10 550i. The power difference was dramatic and it does feel like a completely different car. Its just my area is like living in the city. There isn't many wide open roads where you get to fully enjoy nearly 500hp where it wouldn't get you into trouble quick. I guess i got my HP "fix" out of my with my 550 and i am ready to go back to a more normal car so to speak. Sometimes when you have all that power at your disposal.....it isn't always a good thing. Like they say....power corrupts lol

Alan