11-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #20
se15679875
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
by your own words "my money comes from a trust fund"

if you have that but also earn, then respect the gift you were given and don't even mention it here... why would you other than to taunt or flaunt?
Don't look to diminish what has been given to you while asking us advice on what to spend.. live within the means of what YOU earn.

again, you stated this thread... A watch merely tells time.. these days you can buy a product that serves this function for 5 cents. above and beyond that it is a matter of function, precision, art, and hubris (and I've got my share of expensive watches -- price was never the primary issue... their look and function was)
Oh, my apologies if this thread was a little deceiving. I have absolutely no intention of buying any sort of watch myself. It would be tacky of me to use unearned money to wear a symbol of wealth when I did not earn that wealth myself. FWIW I wear a dorky $50 calculator watch.

I made the thread out of curiosity after seeing what I perceived to be an overabundance of $10,000+ watches floating around these forums, so I was merely curious to see what people thought.
Appreciate 0