07-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #68
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I'm a fan of panerai just haven't gotten one yet. My next purchase will be pam 372 I think it is or tag monaco.
Clearly a very popular brand.

Truly, I expected Rolex and Omega to be among the more popular brands. I expected to hear a lot of outcry for some really stellar brands like JLC and Piaget since they make their own watch innards. And I thought Patek, A. Lange and Audemars would be farther up the popularity scale.

I had no idea folks would holler so much about Tag, most of which despite being nice enough watches, except for a couple things they've done lately, like the Silverstone which is similar to a Heuer watch of old, aren't especially noteworthy. I really like some of the '60s and '70s Heuers though. And to repeat, I have a couple Tags, so I'm not totally dissing the brand, just all the commotion over it.

Personally, I think if one sees a Tag that appeals and one just wants it, buy it. That's how I cam by mine, but that also happened before I decided that I like watches enough to make my interest in them a somewhat more serious hobby than just having a few. I don't really think it matters what watch one buys if one likes it, for that's the most important criterion behind any purchase. It's a different story if one is trying to build a collection, but even in that case, the collection will have more import if it's a reflection of something about the owner. If the collection says nothing about you, it belongs in a museum, not your home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0