07-20-2013, 02:20 AM   #80
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6Vancouver View Post
I agree my Breitling chrono digs in hard on unexpected movements I shouldnt be making while it's on....
Next watch I would really like a Daytona, do any of you have any feedback on them as well as average price range for a new one in CDN dollars?
As automotively focused watches go, the Daytona is the benchmark. The case is super tough and it does an outstanding job of managing elapsed time. You can't go wrong with most any Rolex, but barring any specific need for certain functionality, you can go boring. As for the prices, I'm sure your local Rolex retailer can give you accurate ones. In USD, I'd tell you to expect to pay between $13K and $30K. I suspect the range is similarly broad in CDN dollars. I suspect that if there's a fault to be found with it, it's that it's a Rolex and thus the brand's ubiquity makes it a not an unexpected watch to find on someone's wrist. That's not to say there anything at all wrong with finding it one's wrist.

If a another sport watch is what you want and you happen to already own a Rolex of one sort or another, take a look at the Corum Admiral's Cup. Or, if you don't have one already, spend around the same sum and get a fine dress watch that'll be appropriate for work and, as you might imagine, even more formal affairs. I'd recommend this one (http://www.alanfurman.com/noframes/pp5120j.htm ) as it's the one I bought for just that purpose. It does nothing but tell time as elegantly as is possible to do so, which is all that I need in the office and at formal events. If you need something somewhat sporty looking than the Patek, but certainly not a sport watch, you might like this one ( http://www.alanfurman.com/noframes/a....a088cr.01.htm) or a Royal Oak from the same maker if the upper end of the Daytona price range is acceptable to you.

One thing is certain, none of the three watches I suggested will dig into your wrist, but the Daytona, with its heft, might.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0