BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyATL View Post
As long as they replace it under warranty I guess I'll stay optimistic about my future Sensatec seats should their batch not be up to snuff.

My wide's 2019 X3's leather seats are not doing well as the leather is already rather dry and much less supple than when new....but we haven't treated them they way would have had we owned the car either.

A bit off topic, but tangentially related, I took my 2019 440GC in for warranty repairs to my door trim chrome because its really getting milky and spotted looking. The service writer said it was not covered under warranty (the car had under 20k and was less than 3 years old at the time).

As long as I can remember BMW has had quality issues with the chrome on lower model cars (3 series as that is where my experience is). It gets permanent water spots and starts to get very cloudy from sun exposure (this was common when I lived in Orlando).

Is this right or was he just trying to get me to move along?
As long as your failure occurs before the 4yr/50k-mile warranty expires. It's not covered under CPO or any extension.

BMW has been blaming Shadowline discoloration as well as "chrome" trim on carwashes for as long as I can remember. Escalate your claim to BMW NA and have a BMW factory rep tell you that to your face.

Put some product on your leather at least once per year, or don't complain about it drying out. Do you own shoes you abuse, too, and wonder why they no longer look new?

Last edited by BMWCCA1; 01-20-2022 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
SpeedyATL1875.50