08-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #20
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
...I have two friends that aren't even hipsters that wear them.

Edit: just looked at Amazon's watch sales and it's currently listed at #11 in all of watch sales.
I'm just wondering if you offered that because you view them as cooler than yourself, or the other way round? LOL

(just yanking your chain)

I just looked here -- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_po...opularity-rank -- and if I choose the sort order "New and Popular," that watch, nor any other calculator watch, did not appear after my having clicked through the first five pages of watches. If I choose "Avg. Customer Review," it does indeed show up in the seventh position.

That tells me that people who have it, like it, and that probably makes it a good choice among calculator watches. I wouldn't, however, infer that a lot of people are actually buying calculator watches.

FWIW, limiting the watches displayed to only digital ones, that watch (or one similar enough judging only by a quick glance at the pic) does appear on the first page.

Given my clearly quick and unscientific "study," I'm standing by my existing impression that calculator watches overall aren't all that high on the "coolness" meter of the average person. I think if one wants to buy one and make it cool for themselves, they should have at it. The bold, "devil may care" attitude doing that has a fair chance of working, although I won't suggest any time frame during which that might happen.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0