tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer View Post
... thanks @tony20009...

By the way if you're curious I did do a ton of research on this last night and found only ONE watch that seems to have a calendar view: http://www.watchallure.com/wp-conten...EDB610D-8C.jpg

Guess what, these sell for $200+ on ebay and amazon. I guess its either retro-freaks or people like me who want to buy these .

That watch doesn't look to bad to me, at least as calculator watches go. I'm glad you at least found one that meets your requirements. I say see if there's a store near you, or a website that sells them and has a liberal return policy (just in case...), and give it a shot.

One thing's certain: Casio is "the name" in this type of watch and they make very good, reliable and well made/designed products. It seems to be exactly what you wanted, and what I, or anyone else, think shouldn't matter. Try it on/order it and see what you think. If you like it, by all means wear it and enjoy. You are a grown person; nobody's going to belittle you because of your watch, and nobody is going to think you a "mess" or "weirdo" because of a watch.

Spending $200 on a watch truly and exactly what you really want, whether it's in vogue or not, is a far better thing to do that spend anything on one you don't particularly want, or that is a compromise. I might have a different point of view were it a $2K or $20K watch, for example, but at just $200, you probably aren't taking too big a risk, particularly if you can return it, or better yet, try it on in a store near you.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0